ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS BY LEVEL:
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATION SPECIALIST
- Performs troubleshooting and support to operating systems, peripheral devices, and layered software packages
- Provides support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Provides support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provides Tier 1 and Tier 2 problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provides support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Provides support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
- Provides assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Applies necessary software fixes; monitors systems and performance; isolates problems within the infrastructure; performs diagnostic routines
- Interpret and/or discuss information with others, which involves terminology or concepts not familiar to many people; regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving rather complex issues
- May resolve problems within established practices
- Manages file access control permissions and coordinates file access with customer base
- Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions
- Supports media management through internal methods and procedures and through Continuity-of-Operations-Plan (COOP) storage and retrieval services
- Develops and promotes standard operating procedures
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned
- Creating, modifying, and disabling network accounts in the JSP environment via Active Directory.
- Managing shared drive access and security groups, privileged accounts, external accounts, and home drives to ensure proper compliance.
- Identifying, isolating and resolving technical issues experienced by end-users utilizing support documentation, prior knowledge and experience, as well as resources contained in the JSP knowledge base.
- Escalating end-user requests to the appropriate support teams for incidents and service requests that cannot be resolved based on the teams’ available resources, or if the team lacks the required permissions or access necessary to complete the necessary remediation tasks.
- Documenting all troubleshooting steps and procedures along with the resolution, when applicable.
- Bachelor's with 8 - 10 years of experience, or a Master's with 6 - 8 years of experience.
- Clearance (required at performance start date): active Secret level security clearance
- Current Information Assurance (IA) certification : Security+ required. DoD 8570 IAM Level II (CAP, CISSP (or Associate), CASP CE, CISM, GSLC), or higher
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Active Directory administration and/or account management experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with Remedy ticketing software
- Help Desk Institute (HDI) or Microsoft certifications or Server Plus cert desired.
- Top Secret clearance, obtainable.
This position requires the ability to perform the below essential functions:
- Sitting for long periods
- Standing for long periods
- Ambulate throughout an office
- Ambulate between several buildings