At SoarTech, our focus is in the development of artificial intelligence (AI) that reasons like humans do, to automate complex tasks, simplify human-machine interactions, or model human behaviors. Our philosophy is three-fold: to be an augmentation to, not a replacement of, the human; to think “top-down, not bottom-up;” and to be transparent so that decisions and processing are communicated to the human and in human-like terms. SoarTech is growing and we are looking for individuals interested in helping research, develop, and implement this exciting technology into everyday operations.
The Systems Administrator is an integral part of the Information Technology (IT) Team at SoarTech and provides support to employees onsite at SoarTech offices and remote employees. The Systems Administrator embraces and represents the SoarTech Core Values (Innovative, Honest, Customer Focused, Respectful, Integrity and People) in all aspects of their duties and responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide technical assistance to Soar Technology employees through the OSTicket support ticketing system.
- Monitor the Soar Technology network and end-points for security incidents and alert the IT Manager of any suspicious activity.
- Assists in maintaining information security controls when necessary.
- Monitors and maintains all Linux-based services and infrastructure, including required computing and storage resources. EMC Unity SAN experience a plus. (maybe include type of storage), configuration changes, templates, and patches/updates.
- Maintains accounts, group policies, and permissions within the hybrid Active Directory and Azure AD infrastructure.
- Provide advice and technical expertise to the IT Manager on Linux-based systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains the organization's LAN, WAN, data communications network, operating systems, physical and virtual servers.
- Perform system monitoring and verify the integrity and availability of hardware, network and server resources and systems.
- Review system and application logs and verify completion of scheduled jobs, including system backups.
- Analyzes network and server resource consumption and control user access. Install and upgrade software and maintain software licenses.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- Assist in the planning, management, and implementation of multiple IT projects of varying scale and company impact.
- Maybe add a percentage weight to each responsibility
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, DevOps Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience working in an IT role successfully supporting a combination of software, hardware, network and security responsibilities.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Expert level experience with Office 365, especially with Outlook and Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive interconnectivity. Hybrid and GCC High experience a plus.
- Proficiency in Linux GUI/CLI (Ubuntu Desktop/Server 16.04-20.04).
- Proficiency in LAN networking (DNS, DHCP, VLANs, static/BGP routing, Ethernet, enterprise Wi-Fi, PoE)Enterprise backup systems (Backup Exec, Veeam).
- Experience in Diagnostic Tools and Techniques.
- Experience with managing end-user and IT Administrator documentation.
- Expert in troubleshooting hardware issues that may involve repair, replacement, or third-party warranties and support.
- Experience with ticket system administration experience (triage, prioritization, escalation, log troubleshooting updates). OSTicket experience a plus.
- Experience with end-user hardware and software set-up and support to include, but not limited to, Audio Visual equipment, PC, Mac, VoIP.
- Demonstrated Critical thinking when troubleshooting.
- Methodical and accurate when following IT documentation.
- Able to recommend technology improvements and updates related to all systems for consideration of IT Leadership and EM Team.
- Able to collaborate with team members on planning and completing projects.
- Able to balance and prioritize daily responsibilities in a dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings when required.
- Ability to travel.
Preferred Skills (Not Required)
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, DevOps Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent experience.
- CompTIA Linux+, Network+, CCNA certifications preferred.
- Experience with software development technologies (Git, SVN, version control, branches, commits). GitLab and Sonatype Nexus experience a plus.
- Experience with DevOps technologies (containerization, Docker registries/images, Ansible, Vagrant, CI/CD). Gitlab and Jenkins CI/CD a plus.
- Scripting for automating administrative tasks (bash, shell, Python, PowerShell).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Security Clearance
Soar Technology offers a full package of benefits and competitive salary, flex time, excellent group medical, vision, and dental programs. At SoarTech, we continuously invest in the development of your skills by providing budgeted time for technical skills development for all of our team members.