Description SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (V41-18-2029-W):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Administrator in support of complex development, testing, implementation and maintenance of operating systems and related software. Systems Administrator establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
Essential functions include:
• Responsible for evaluating, developing, maintaining, along with usage of telecommunication systems.
• Schedules, performs and monitors system backups and when necessary, performs data recoveries.
• Recommends hardware and software upgrades, according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
• Acquires, installs, and maintains company's local area network or wide area network.
• Deploying various network configurations, devices, software and services that provide maximum and efficient performance local (LANs) and wide area network (WANs).
• Collaborating with other leads to evaluate and update configurations, hardware, software and other deployments to assure environments are optimal and consistent with short and long-term strategy.
• Providing assurance to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of networks.
• Performing hardware repairs for equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
• Installing, troubleshooting, and supporting computer solutions, office software and hardware, network, server, PC.
• Creating and maintaining documentation of the network.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD
***Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply.
Requirements • Bachelor's Degree and eight plus (8+) years of professional experience.
• Must have an understanding of both networking and telecommunications theory and practice.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Job Code 18-2029