Industry: Energy & Utilities•
8 - 10 years
Posted 159 days ago
Description SENIOR SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (V41-18-2028-W):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Administrator (F5 skillset) to perform complex development, testing, implementation and maintenance of operating systems and related software. Establishes and implements standards for computer operations for compatibility between hardware and software, according to specifications and parameters.
Essential functions will include:
• Troubleshoots and resolves software, operating system and networking problems.
• Schedules, performs and monitors system backups and when necessary, performs data recoveries.
• Recommends hardware and software upgrades, according to growth statistics and disk space forecasts.
• Responsible for evaluating, developing, maintaining, along with usage of telecommunication systems.
• Acquires, installs, and maintains company's local area network or wide area network.
• Managing application health and server status, SSL Offloadind, TLS security and cipher management, BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) in a DoD environment
• Responsibilities require an understanding of both networking and telecommunications theory and practice.
• May provide work leadership for lower level employees.
• Strong F5 skillset required - Preferably F5 Certified Technology Specialist or Certified Solution Expert, F5 Edge Protection, Experience in F5 LTM - VIP, Server Pools, Health Checks, Strong experience in customizing Application Delivery with rules, Understanding of NAT (Network Address Translation) and SNAT (Source Network Address Translation).
CONTINGENT UPON AWARD
***Bowhead is looking to speak to experienced professionals for this opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to apply.
Requirements • Bachelor's Degree and eight plus (8+) years of professional experience in Network Design and Implementation, with a strong specialization in F5 Load Balancing and Application Delivery (ADM) Management.
• Must have experience providing high-level network design and implementation skills and combine technical intelligence with communication and presentation abilities.
• Experience in leading a project in Design, Implementation, and Support.
• DNS experience with understanding of DDoS mitigation practices.
• Familiarity with NetScalar preferred.
• Juniper switch experience is a plus (Layer 4/Layer 5 Appliances) Specify Layer 7 for F5.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must be able to obtain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Job Code 18-2028