Clearance Level (Required to Start): DHS Public Trust
Daily Job Responsibilities:
The Senior Exchange Systems Administrator is responsible for expert support for enterprise level Exchange, Active Directory services, and Good Mobile Messaging.
- Six (6) + years of administering Exchange 2007 or greater, and Windows 2008 or greater.
- Experience with the implementation and administration of Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 or Skype for Business.
- Experience with message archiving solutions (e.g., EAS, Enterprise Vault, or similar).
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Active Directory Services, preferably with experience in cross-forest interoperation.
- Experience in server virtualization (expertise in VM ESXi is a plus).
- Working experience with Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage.
- Knowledge of enterprise-class backup and replication systems.
- Familiarity with 3rd-party load balancers (e.g. F5, Kemp)
- Experience in disaster recovery/business continuity planning.
- Knowledge of systems management and monitoring tools a plus (e.g., SCOM, UCCS).
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to interact with end-users to understand requirements and develop comprehensive solutions that incorporate both technology and business processes.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently, with minimal supervision to achieve work goals.
- Willingness to learn new technologies as they are incorporated into the system.
- Constantly monitor and update existing communications applications to ensure that they are running at peak performance and integrity.
- Familiarization with virtualization technologies such as VMWare, ESXi
- Experience in implementing and managing Windows Server 2008 up, including clustering
- Working knowledge of Local and Wide Area Networks, including DNS, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with SQL Server 2008 or higher is a plus.
- Two plus years’ experience with various mobile messaging services such as: GOOD for Enterprise or Blackberry utilizing MS Exchange in an enterprise environment
- Hands-on experience with at least five of the following, and working knowledge of all the others:
- Building, supporting, and maintaining Exchange 2007 or greater, and Windows 2008 or greater servers.
- Active Directory support including delegated permissions, Group Policy, PKI integration, DC builds, etc.
- Microsoft ISA/TMG (or similar reverse proxy) configuration for OWA and Web publishing, SSL bridging, and authentication offloading
- Scripting or programming experience in support of Windows systems. (WMI, VBScript, Powershell, etc.)
- Understanding of Email archiving technology and Exchange integration
- Understanding of Mobile Device Management technology and Exchange integration
- Understanding of Email filtering technology in cloud and on-premise modes
- Understanding of Email, database, and file backup technology (VADP a plus)
- Understanding of Email Anti-Virus technology in an Exchange environment (McAfee a plus)
- Exchange and AD migration experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of TCP/IP, RPC, HTTP, LDAP, SMTP, MAPI and other networking protocols.
- Strong problem solving and attention to detail in a customer service environment
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, both in writing and verbally
Ability to manage and prioritize concurrent, competing tasks.
Degree Required/Equivalent Experience w/o degree:
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT with 8-10 years of information technologyexperience, or High School degree with 12-16 years of information technologyexperience. (required)
- With minimum of six years of relevant System Administration/Engineering experience administering Exchange in an enterprise environment. (required)
- MCSE, MCSE-Messaging (preferred)