The SA shall provide day-to-day administration, operation, and maintenance of RCFL forensic systems and associated networks. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: assistance in resolution of user questions/problems with regard to installed systems and equipment; corrective and preventative maintenance support to identify and correct performance, and implementation failures, faults or defaults that impair system/equipment performance and functionality; coordination of warranty work, troubleshooting and emergency repairs to effect immediate corrections so that RCFL operations are not interrupted; preventative maintenance to adjust, maintain, or otherwise improve risk analysis to identify potential problems, systems/equipment modification and/or correction.
The position requires an individual that can perform prompt, efficient, and professional support to users for their assigned sites; can track and report on the status of work; is able to provide front-line troubleshooting; and is able to utilize a background of experience to resolve issues. Staff in this labor category should possess strong customer service skills, be able to articulate (written and verbally) the problems/issues at their site, and articulate solutions to DEFOU management.
This is a mid-level position. At minimum, the individual shall have five (5) years' experience in monitoring, managing and administering, implementing Windows based servers and systems in a production environment.
At a minimum the Systems Administrator, mid-level shall have demonstrated experience in:
- Performing prompt, efficient, and professional support for their assigned site(s), reporting on the status of the work on assigned sites in their area of responsibility (AOR)
- Providing front line troubleshooting and support to users at their assigned site(s) and to other users requesting support, and is able to utilize a background of experience to resolve issues at their assigned site(s) and other users as necessary
- Articulating the problems and resolutions to management
- Supporting roles for multiple end-user sites, both locally and remotely
- Proficiency in using Microsoft's System Center components to monitor health and configuration of their assigned resources in an automated method
- Creating and maintaining accounts for these users as required using provided tools
- Applying patches and updates to deployed equipment
- Updating site baseline images on a regular basis as required by the appropriate System Security Plan (SSP) and in accordance with local management
Support and maintain the following applications: Network License Servers; Windows Server Update Service (WSUS); System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM); Failover Cluster Manager; ArcServe Backup Manager; Windows PowerShell; Windows PowerShell ISE; Citrix Netscaler; and Citrix XenApp;
- Knowledge and tinder ding of the following Forensic Applications: Access Data Forensic Toolkit (Lab); EnCase Forensics; and X-Ways·
- Managing tape backup server, tape backup library, and tape workstations used to archive user data and perform system backups, refilling the inventory of blank tapes, managing other than normal operations, and identifying and correcting unexpected situations
- Managing and maintaining storage utilizing: Windows Storage Spaces Direct; Storage Array Network (SAN); External JBOD (RAID management)
- Distributing baseline images and configurations to workstations utilizing: Windows Sysprep Desktop), Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (WADK); Unattended Answer file; Windows Deployment Service (WDS)
- Recognizing failed hardware such as hard drives, power supplies, components, or entire servers
- Following detailed Instructions to identify, troubleshoot, and replace faulty equipment
- Completing Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Checklists and other reports as assigned
- Providing effective, timely, and helpful customer support to users of networks
- Maintaining on premise cloud (examples: Azure, AWS, OpenStack) infrastructure systems
- Configuring and monitoring Microsoft (current Version) DNS and DHCP Servers
- Maintaining Skype for Business Server and client installations
- Configuring and monitoring systems/servers utilizing Failover Cluster Manager tools (RSAT)
- Scripting languages, mainly, but not limited to PowerShell, to automate tedious, repetitive, and/or error prone tasks related to installation, configuration, and management of IT systems and services
Salient CRGT is a leading provider of health, data analytics, cloud, agile software development, mobility, cyber security, and infrastructure solutions. We support these core capabilities with full lifecycle IT services and training—to help our customers meet critical goals for pivotal missions. We are purpose-built for IT transformation supporting federal civilian, defense, homeland, and intelligence agencies, as well as Fortune 1000 companies.