Location: Apple Valley, MNDepartment: Technology Operations
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
SUMMARY: We currently have an opportunity for a Systems Administrator to join our growing and dynamic team. In this position you will be responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. A successful candidate will analyze the current state of our systems environment and provide insight into opportunities for new and improved user experiences. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling staff, volunteers, partners and clients.
This individual will assist project teams with technical issues in the initiation and planning phases of our standard Project Management Methodology. These activities include the definition of requirements, benefits, and technical strategy; research & development within the project life-cycle; technical analysis and design; and support of operations staff in executing, testing and rolling-out the solutions. Participation on projects is focused on smoothing the transition of projects from development staff to production staff by performing operations activities within the project life-cycle.
This individual is accountable for the following systems: Windows and Linux systems that support Questar infrastructure; Windows, Linux and Application systems that support both corporate and online environments; Responsibilities on these systems include systems administration engineering and provisioning, operations and support, maintenance and research and development to ensure continual innovation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with vendors, Tech Team and other teams to support new application launches and help triage production issues at Questar.
- Engineering of Systems Administration related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
- Assist in managing company asset and software licensing inventory, ensuring accuracy and completeness.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various users. Investigate and troubleshoot issues concerning day to day support and operation of corporate technology devices, applications and processes and users contained within or connected to the Questar Network.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted users.
- Update ticket tracking and problem management systems.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning and resource optimization as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or similar discipline, or equivalent work experience.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- 6+ years of systems administration, preferably in an online environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple planned and unplanned projects.
- Working knowledge of a range of infrastructure support tools including: Virtualization software (VMware), Microsoft Active Directory, MS Exchange, SharePoint Administration, IIS Administration, Symantec Backup Exec, SAN Storage, PowerShell and Microsoft SCCM.
- Ability to support both Windows and Linux server platforms. Knowledge of mobile platforms (Windows Mobile, iPhone, Android, a plus)
- Experience with large-scale high availability applications, including failover testing, disaster recovery and business continuity planning.
- Ability to clearly explain technical concepts to both technical and non-technical staff.
- Experience with Cloud Technologies and Implementations: AWS and/or Azure
- Experience applying OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis and upgrading administrative tools and utilities.
- Network administration skills including TCP/IP, DNS, VPN, DHCP and Group Policy.
- A general understanding of Cisco networking methodologies and standard design principles
- Familiarity with common database server technologies, such as MS SQL Server and PostgreSQL.
OTHER REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be authorized to work in the United States and not require sponsorship now or in the future.