Annapolis Junction, MD
Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
Less than 5 years
Posted 67 days ago
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Operate and maintain a server infrastructure for a new classified program. The server environment will include physical servers in a High Availability Cluster environment, virtual severs, SAN storage and Fibre Channel switches. Servers will be Windows Server 2016 Operating System.
• Provide regular contact and coordination with the architect, network engineers, and security analysts on the program
• Use tools to monitor performance and provide status and solutions to growing needs
• Design/implement changes resulting from change board or as needed
• Review, test, and implement 1st and 3rd party patching as well as Security configuration hardening per RMF/JSIG requirements (STIGs)
• Performs problem diagnosis on hardware, operating system, and/or applications.
• Performs hardware and peripheral installations as required and troubleshoot problems.
• Manages file and storage systems and disk space.
• Manages virus protection system and update virus definitions on a routine basis.
• Performs security audits on all classified networked and standalone computers on as directed.
• Prepares security documentation for submission to Computer Security.
• Develops and documents technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Provide supplemental desktop support as required.
This position may hire as a Systems Administrator or Principal Systems Administrator.
1. Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience; 1 year with a Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of the degree requirement.
Principal Systems Administrator: Bachelor's degree in a related field and a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience; 4 years' with a Masters. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
2. Experience with Windows Server
3. Experience with one or more of these Microsoft technologies: Exchange, Skype, WSUS, IIS, SQLServer
4. Experience working with customers in a classified space and knowledge of Classified Environment Protocols
5. DoD 8570 certification (e.g. Security+, CEH, or CISSP)
6. Current Secret clearance
1. Experience working with RMF from an IT perspective
2. Experience operating, maintaining, and updating physical and virtual servers (preferably Hyper-V) in a data center environment
3. Experience with one or more of these monitoring technologies: SolarWinds, Splunk, Nessus/ACAS
4. Experience with CITRIX HDX
5. Experience with ePolicy Orchestrator
6. MCSE 2016 Server Administrator Certification
7. Current TS/SCI clearance