NetCentrics provides the Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and other federal agencies with leading IT services including IT Strategy, mission applications, infrastructure and platform services, cloud solutions, service delivery and cybersecurity.
NetCentrics is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator to support our team at an undisclosed location. This position is open only to candidates with an active TS/SCI security clearance.
Specific duties include:
- Demonstrates the ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge in designing, planning, implementing, and possessing the highest level of performance as an expert in the system administration for computers and their complex operating systems
- Researches, evaluates, and recommends upgrades, software, hardware and other necessities for computer systems
- Analyzes, diagnoses, and provides technical expertise for complex problems related to infrastructure operating systems and/or enterprise storage solutions; proposes, initiates, and implements appropriate solutions
- Versed in technology and have a strong ability to plan, organize, evaluate and redesign system designs to have them work better for the company
- Ability to lead other systems administrators to manage servers and other computer system aspects
- Identifying system issues and/or non-compliance
- Soliciting, reviewing, and documenting system requirements
- Troubleshooting and tracking issues related to deployed solutions
- With minimum guidance provides top-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex software systems programming and analysis
- Designs architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces
- Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures
- Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture
- Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting the functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades
- Formulates and defines specifications for operating system applications or modifies and maintains existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer
- Creates detailed design specifications for use by software development staff members
- Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction
- Develops software design documents and technology white papers
- Instrumental in selection of development tools
- Responsible for developing high level system design diagrams and for program design, coding, testing, debugging and documentation
- Instructs, directs, and checks the work of other task personnel
- Responsible for quality assurance review and the evaluation of existing and new software products
- Will be responsible for monitoring What’s Up Gold and answering the Critical Infrastructure All Call Line
- Assist in resolving held desk incidents
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Shift: Monday thru Friday 6am- 6pm
- Clearance: Current/Active DoD Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligible
- Education: BS preferred
- IAT II (Security +)
- Computing Environment Certification obtain within 6 months
- Years of Experience:
- 5 years of relevant technical system administrator experience
- 10 years of professional experience
- As a contingency to employment at NetCentrics, all candidates who are given offers must successfully pass a full background investigation including criminal history, education and employment verifications.
**In order to be considered for this position, you must apply directly through our careers site**
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
NetCentrics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.