Systems Administrator ( mid - career )
Job Description :
At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems, we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
As a software engineer, Lockheed Martin invites you to create “new realities,” enabling solutions that have never been seen before. You’ll work with fast-paced teams on diverse challenges, from creating out-of-the-box Web apps to designing software for legendary advanced projects.
Whatever the project, you can rely on the backing of a global technology leader with a culture that values innovative thinking and the resources that make it happen. Stand on the shoulders of a rich heritage of achievement as you write our next chapter.
Lockheed Martin is looking for a Systems Administrator to join our team in our Annapolis Junction, MD office. So take on what’s never been done before. Become a Lockheed Martin software engineer. You are meant to solve the hardest challenges.
Ten (10) years experience as a Systems Administrator (SA) in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional SA experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
- Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
- Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and installs/loads operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating system enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets