$80K — $100K *
The Institute for Defense Analyses (IDA) in La Jolla, CA has an immediate career opening for a Systems Administrator - Microsoft Windows. This opening is located at IDA’s Center for Communications Research in La Jolla, California (CCR-L). IDA offers a competitive salary, an excellent benefits package and a superior professional working environment. To the right individual, IDA offers the opportunity to have a major impact on key national programs while working on fascinating technical issues.
We are seeking a Systems Administrator - Microsoft Windows, who with moderate supervision, administers, and maintains multiple IT systems, servers and software. Applies functional knowledge to solve an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope. Responsibilities include maintaining systems functionality, availability, security, and performance. Contributes and plays a key role in the implementation of programs or projects that effect the organization’s goals and objectives. Coordinates with other IT staff in support of operational tasks and requirements. Ensures configuration standards are maintained and adheres to IT best practices and corporate and security policy. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for extended coverage, this position may be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
1. Provides operational support and maintenance to ensure systems functionality, availability, security, and performance.
2. Builds and implements IT technology initiatives. Partners with the engineering staff to ensure the successful deployment and transition of operational support.
3. Builds new physical and virtual servers to design specifications.
4. Ensures all systems meet or exceed the business and security requirements in accordance with IDA, DOD, NSA, DISA and DSS directives and guidelines.
5. Maintains technical documentation, to include standard operating procedures and processes.
6. Administers and maintains classified and unclassified systems and services to ensure optimum performance and availability.
7. Maintains technical proficiency in IT technologies; keeps abreast of industry trends.
8. Communicates all computer network, system and service problems and outages immediately to the appropriate supervisors and/or managers.
9. Responds to critical after hours support issues.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
o High Performance Computing (HPC) systems or large cluster computing, including GPU based systems.
o High performance storage technologies such as Lustre or Hadoop.
o HPC or High Throughput Computing (HTC) job allocation technologies such as Slurm or HTCondor.
o Parallel computing libraries and environments such as MPI and CUDA.
o High performance network technologies such as InfiniBand and GigE.
o Authentication, access control, compliance and security in a DOD environment.
o Open Source software installation and support.
Candidate should be familiar with:
Valid through: 8/18/2020