Description:The coolest jobs on this planet... or any other... are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Lockheed Martin is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world and every single day we use our unique skills, talents and experiences to design and build solutions to some of the world's hardest engineering problems. Do you want to be part of a culture that inspires employees to envision the impossible, perform with excellence and build incredible products? We provide the resources, inspiration and focus-if you have the passion and courage to dream big, then we want to build a better tomorrow with you.
Lockheed Martin is seeking a hardworking professional like yourself to join us in a Systems Administration role in beautiful Sunnyvale, CA. Job responsibilities include:
- Participate in the implementation, maintenance, and support of information technologies, to include Unix and Windows systems and components
- Schedules and performs installations and upgrades to OS/COTs, software, and database packages in accordance with established IT policies and procedures
- Manages appropriate software solutions to ensure server data integrity, monitoring and tuning the system to achieve optimum performance level, monitoring security alerts and application systems, and working with other staff to ensure that all appropriate patches are applied in an automated and timely fashion
- Perform daily systems administration and help desk tasks in Windows and Linux environments, to include monitoring, maintaining, and troubleshooting physical and virtual systems
- Apply cybersecurity standard methodologies to ensure high compliance status is met
- Maintain and develop documentation as necessary
- Fix any issues and provide support across the Information System
Typically has 5 - 10 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin cultivates an inclusive work environment that inspires differences and big-picture thinking.
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
- Paid time off
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin's comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Experience in Asset Management & Systems Development Life Cycle
Experience in System/network optimization
Experience with Hardware/software upgrades and security patching and Backups/images
Linux - Redhat, CentOS
CompTIA Security + Certification within 6 months of hire; strong desire for current Security + certification in place.
Ability to Obtain Final Secret Clearance; US Citizenship is required
Experience with Windows Server O/S, including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy
Experience with Networking, protocols, subnetting, VLANs, switch configuration, LAN/WAN configuration, Firewall/Gateway
Cybersecurity, RMF, STIG, security compliance and scanning, system hardening
An active Secret clearance