Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Technology Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a Senior Systems Administrator to provide unparalleled support for an exciting and rewarding opportunity in Clarksburg, WV. As a senior systems administrator you will be part of a team that is tasked with providing IT operations services to our client for a large scale IT system.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform daily duties of backups, maintenance on applications and OS, patching, tuning, scripting, automating tasks, and troubleshooting
- Configure the environment based on requested changes
- Follow CM process to effectively manage environment changes
- Provide on-callsupport as required during the year, supporting mission critical systems (on call rotation)
- You will also provide necessary instruction and documentation for change requests, installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products
- The systems administrator shall possess knowledge of tracking and analyzing performance and resource utilization of the assigned systems, and shall have experience in recommending changes, upgrades, and enhancements based on the technical analysis
- Bachelor's degree Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred and eight or more years of experience in installing operating systems, loading (installing) COTS products, and configuring operating systems and COTS products
- Eight or more years of RedHat Linux or equivalent systems administration experience
- Experience performing detailed performance analysis and resource utilization of major IT systems
- Possess leadership experience to assure appropriate changes, upgrades, and enhancements are made based on the analysis
- Troubleshooting skills
- Flexible working hours - able to support occasional nights, weekends, and call-ins
- Ability to work varying shifts
- Able to quickly adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Perl and other scriptinglanguages preferred
- Oracle database familiarity preferred
- Certifications in operating systems and other COTS products are desired but not required
Requires Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and five to seven years of related experience.