Systems Administrator - Linux
8 - 10 years experience • Aerospace & Defense
SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR-LINUX (FTEUS-18-0615-F):
Bowhead seeks a Systems Administrator to join are Team at Fort Eustis, VA. As a System Administrator, you will perform Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration, provide technical problem solving and in-depth consulting. You will join a dynamic Team responsible for administration and management of servers, end-user workstations, and Cisco networking switches in both unclassified and classified network environments.
You will use automated installation methods and system imaging (e.g. Kickstart/Anaconda), cryptographic log on methods (e.g. PKI), Precision Time Protocol, Source Code Control System/Continuous Integration Administration (git/gitlab/TRAC/jenkins), DISA STIG implementation and work within Configuration-Managed Environments.
Other essential functions include:
* Analysis, design, and implementation of modifications to the system software in order to improve system performance, correct errors, or fulfill specific needs.
* Participate in planning new hardware acquisitions, developing operating policy, interacting with vendors, educating customers, and communicating and collaborating with other projects within the organization.
* Work closely with scientists and engineers to help them use workstations and servers to solve their computationally intensive problems.
* Support application installation, licenses management, software tracking/distribution and backup/recovery of system configurations and user data files.
* Bachelor's Degree in a computer science or engineering field from an accredited institution required or equal combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
* Demonstrated experience in system administration of Linux-based servers and Linux-based workstations is required.
* Hardware experience with HP and Dell systems is required. Well-developed Linux system management skills are required.
* Must meet DoD 8570 criteria for Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification at time of hire.
* Specific experience with the following operating systems and services is required: Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL 6.x).
* Requires experience with automated installation methods and system imaging (e.g. Kickstart/Anaconda), cryptographic log on methods (e.g. PKI), Precision Time Protocol, Source Code Control System/Continuous Integration Administration (git/gitlab/TRAC/jenkins), DISA STIG implementation and working within Configuration-Managed Environments.
* Demonstrated experience working in an environment with rapidly changing job priorities is necessary.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.