The Advanced Undersea Systems and Technology Group develops innovative undersea and undersea-enabled capabilities for transition to operational systems of the US Navy and otherDepartment of Defense (DoD) sponsors. Focus areas include acoustic and non-acoustic sensors, undersea networks, autonomous systems, and advanced signal processing algorithms. The group performs rigorous systems analyses, develops system architectures, and builds prototypes to demonstrate the viability and effectiveness of new concepts, capabilities, and processing techniques. In addition, the group provides undersea domain and technology expertise to inform and motivate novel cross-domain concept development.
The Advanced Undersea Systems and Technology Group is seeking a Systems Administrator, to join a collaborative team supporting a diverse set of projects to enable execution of projects. These projects include computationally heavy signal processing algorithm development, multi-mode sensing simulation and field tests, and unique small-scale quick turn studies. Primary duties will involve administration of Red Hat, Ubuntu and Centos GNU/Linux desktop/server environments, Microsoft Windows Win 7 and Win 10 environments, and Apple Macintosh desktop OS X environments. In addition to the baseline administration work, the successful applicant will support the design and configuration of new processing clusters, large scale out storage solutions, backup systems, field test data collection computing equipment, and project specific standalone computing solutions.
- Supports installation, maintenance, repair and upgrade of computer and network equipment
- Reviews and tests hardware and software and makes recommendations for purchases
- Designs and implements shell scripts and other tools to automate processes and provide needed capabilities to technical staff
- Contributes to projects to improve computing and networkinfrastructure: data storage, backups and recovery, network bandwidth and throughput, application installation and management
- Supports design and implements configuration management and monitoring of systems and networks
- Collaborates within the organization to enhance technology and support best practices
- Maintains regular contact with MIT LL IT and security to ensure compliance and rapidly reconfigure systems to remediate any issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field or 4+ years of relevant experience
- Minimum three (3) years of experience with Linux systems administration, including: configuration management, software installation/configuration (packages and building from source), network configuration, kernel configuration and installation
- Three (3) years of experience supporting and troubleshootingWindows workstations and applications in a networked environment
- Experience with automated installation and management systems for Linux, i.e., Kickstart and Satellite
- Experience installing and managing network services such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, SSH, SAMBA
- Experience installing and configuring firewalls, routers and switches
- Ability to understand and modify moderately complex shell scripts using redirection, pipes, variables, loops, and conditional statements
- Effective written and verbal communication
MIT Lincoln Laboratory is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, or genetic information; U.S. citizenship is required.
Requisition ID: 21621