Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
5 - 7 years
Posted 76 days ago
· Do you consider yourself a skilled professional in high performance computing clusters?
· Are you looking to apply your networking and programming experience?
· Do you thrive in a dynamic, customer focused, and innovative organization?
The Research & Exploratory Development Department at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory is seeking an experienced systems administrator to provide oversight, maintenance, and implementation relating to a high performance computing (HPC) cluster and the Departments unclassified networking environments.
1. Lead the day-to-day operations of the HPC cluster and unclassified network environments. Provide system administration focused on Linux-based systems in an unclassified environment. Independently identify and solve technical issues relating to high performance computing, network configurations, Storage, and VMware. Configure, install, and maintain Linux computer systems. Ensure compliance based on configuration requirements such as those found in NIST 800.53. Manage user accounts for Linux systems, reset passwords, and perform annual computer recertification. Research, diagnose and resolve complex computer system software and hardware issues as they arise. Perform and analyze weekly audits for nonstandard events. Maintain a backup solution and ensure a cohesive disaster recovery plan. Collaborate closely with other systems administrators, Management, and users to ensure the cluster and network environments are performing optimally. Provide recommendations and innovative solutions to improve the HPC and networking within the Department.
2. Develop coding and scripts that will improve both unclassified and classified systems operations to enable increased automation and resolve issues.
3. As part of the Information Technology team provide support, as needed, to classified systems environments to maintain requirements and ensure configurations are compliant. Apply networking and VMWare knowledge to applicable classified environments and projects. As part of the systems administrator team assist with the REDD help desk support in addressing user requests and participate in team efforts to ensure systems and networks meet DFARS and HIPAA compliance.
Note: This job summary and listing of duties is for the purpose of describing the position and its essential functions at time of hire and may change over time.