We are looking for Systems Administrator II for our client in Salem, OR
Job Title: Systems Administrator II
Job Location: Salem, OR
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
General Statement of Duties:
- The systems administrator will be responsible for maintaining Windows and Linux based servers in a VMWare virtual environment.
- They will assist in administering a Microsoft Active Directory environment.
- Will be given specific projects and tasks related to the servers and are expected to complete assignments with minimal supervision Coordinates service requests with appropriate IT units and management; and when appropriate, prepares formal written reports and analysis.
- The systems administrator will be fluent in industry best practices and standards, and cybersecurity best practices.
- Lead server life cycle efforts.
- Administer VMWare vSphere virtual environment.
- Assist in project to transition data center to modern networkarchitecture.
- Performs diagnostic procedures to determine cause of hardware and software failures.
- Works with other department analysts and outside consultants on troubleshooting and resolution for maintaining and improving performance of enterprise systems.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2 years VMWare vSphere 5.5+ Experience
- 4 years Microsoft Active Directory Servers and Services administration
- 2 years SAN storage administration
- Network experience a plus
- Cloud knowledge and experience a plus
- Local Contractors Only – Work to be performed on-site in Salem, Oregon.