Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature's challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S., Canada, Brazil and the U.K. Though the company's history stretches back as far as 1844, Compass Minerals became a public company in December 2003. The company is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index, the Russell 1000 Index and Named one of Forbes' 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America in 2015 and 2016, Compass Minerals' mission is to be the best essential minerals company by delivering safely where and when it matters.
Compass Minerals is committed to creating a workplace that respects and values the diversity of the people and communities around us and where employees can thrive and deliver high-performing, sustainable organizational success. Our focus on diversity and inclusion is grounded in our company's Core Values and is explicitly demonstrated in our Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining diverse employees with the necessary skills to shape an inclusive organization. We especially strive to hire, retain and promote employees with a diversity of attributes, backgrounds, experiences and skills, who think differently, have varying perspectives and can bring forward unique ideas and points of view.
Summary: The Systems Administrator III is responsible for the planning, installing, configuring and maintaining of hardware and software systems. Requires consulting with end users and other ITS functions to provide solutions to the most complex and unique issues. The System Administrator III role requires a service oriented mentality, high sense of ownership of the problems and requests assigned with a focus on managing and resolving issues in alignment with the SLAs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, deploy and maintain enterprise wide tools for client systems management (SCCM), endpoint protection (virus / malware), remote control, and FTP.
- Develop and maintain client software application packages, software updates/patches, and client operating system images for deployment and compliance.
- System administration for on premise and off-premise business applications.
- Handles most complex escalations and leads problem resolution activities.
- Provide coaching, mentoring, and training to Desktop Techs and Helpdesk Analysts.
- Serve as technical lead on ITS projects.
- Microsoft System Administration including Exchange email account and distribution list management, Active Directory user and computer management, user/client Group Policy Object management, and Office 365 administration.
- Provide 3rd level end-user technical support on client hardware systems, mobile devices, computer peripherals, telecommunications equipment, and client/ server/ cloud application software.
- Develops and maintains records by documenting procedures used for system processes, configurations, and standards and following the incident, problem, and change management processes.
- Communicates effectively and coordinates with contracted 3rd parties to accomplish IT related tasks at local and remote sites.
- 2-Year degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience and eight years related work experience required.
- ITIL Foundations certification required.
- Certifications in the following are preferred:
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist
- Microsoft Certified System Administrator (MCSA)
- Certified ServiceNow Administrator
- CompTIA A+ and/or Network +
- A minimum of 8 years' experience supporting, implementing and administering networks such as Microsoft Windows 2008+, Active Directory and Group Policies (GPO)
- At least 8 years' experience supporting Windows 7 and above desktops/laptops /tablets
- Demonstrated experience of building Operating system images for multiple hardware platforms
- Strong Systems Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) and WSUS experience
- Demonstrated experience with operating system and application patching / updates
- Experience with Citrix supported environments a plus
- Experience with Android and iPhone smartphones
- Experience to develop workflows based on incident, change, and problem procedures
- Demonstrated experience with IT Service Management tool responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to write scripts in some administrative language, such as Windows PowerShell
- Experience with Office 365 / Azure administration
- Working knowledge of single sign on solutions
- Cisco VOIP phone system administration