The Systems Administrator will play key role in enhancing or upgrading existing applications as well as implementing and supporting new technology. This individual is responsible for the day to day administration, configuration, and performance monitoring of our vendor purchased and in-house developed software systems including desktop, client-server and web based applications.
The Systems Administrator keeps abreast of new technologies and works with other teams to implement new hardware and software into our environment. You will also lead projects from planning through implementation, and manage vendor relationships.
This level works on diverse and complex problems where analysis of situations requires evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided on a project basis by assigning work and resolving problems. This position operates with substantial latitude for un-reviewed action or decision.
Technology & Innovation Division
As a member of City National's Technology & Innovation group, you will drive, develop, and maintain solutions for clients and colleagues. This is an exciting time of technology advancement and innovation across the bank, particularly within our technology teams.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Solve production and systems issues raised by consumers of the supported product which includes troubleshooting, testing fixes, and implementing in a Windows production environment
- Create and maintain technical documentation in Microsoft OneNote, Teams, and SharePoint
- Work on Service Now Requests and Incidents that come from the help desk
- Support and maintain the reliability of the non-production environments hosted on-premises and in Azure
- Work with the NOC and server team, external vendors, and other departments to coordinate and implement software upgrades, firewall changes, patching, and deployments to on-premises and Azure environments
- Create and execute SQL queries and PowerShell scripts
- Troubleshoot incidents by comparing configuration files written in JSON or XML
- Generate Ad-hoc reports in Microsoft Excel for various business units and other minor requests for their needs
- Leveraging tools for monitoring such as Dynatrace, Splunk, Azure Monitor, and Azure Log Analytics
- Continually evaluate build and deployment procedures for opportunities to optimize, streamline and automate
- Implement Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery and automation efforts for the team
- Proving 3rd level support that works on diverse and complex problems where analysis of situations requires evaluation of various factors.
- Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results
- Working with Horizontal Teams, Enterprise Guilds and Vertical Product Teams in a Product-centric organization
- Act as emergency support team as needed
- Work in a team environment on project driven work with minimal supervision
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- *Bachelor's Degree
- *Minimum of 5 years' experience in system design, administration, application software and operations.
- *Minimum of 5 years' experience providing end-user support for corporate applications in a networked environment.