The Systems Administrator II will provide systems administration & level 2 & 3 support to Yardi Systems SaaS customers as part of the 24x7x365 Cloud Services team. This is a technical role requiring experience on complex enterprise systems. The Systems Administrator will work as part of a global team and interact with relevant internal teams to ensure requests are actioned, technical issues are resolved and the environment is optimized.
Primary Duties / Responsibilities
- Server and application configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Administration, support and optimization of physical and virtual Windows Server systems in a 24x7 Cloud environment
- Troubleshooting and resolving complex hardware and software issues
- Monitoring and responding to system alerts
- Optimizing server activity and performance
- Participating in an enterprise 24x7 support environment with weekend and on call work required
- Availability for scheduled maintenance of systems and applications.
- Work as part of a global team and liaise with global counterparts as required.
- Proactively identifying problems.
- Maintaining and improving documentation as required.
- Working on department level projects.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills.
- Strong sense of customer service with good analytical and organizational skills
- Detail oriented.
- A passion for technology and strong problem solving skills.
- Must enjoy being part of a team and enjoy dealing with people.
Requirements (Education, Certification, Training, and Experience)
- Minimum 3+ years Systems Administration in enterprise environments
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience configuring, administering and troubleshooting Windows Server 2008/2012 and Active Directory
- Experience configuring, administering and troubleshooting Internet Information Services (IIS)
- Experience of Microsoft HyperV 2012 and System Center 2012
- Knowledge of open source monitoring tools such as ELK, Icinga and Graphite preferred.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Technical qualifications ( MSCE Preferred)