The Systems Administrator is responsible for the installation/configuration, maintenance/operation, and monitoring/troubleshooting of all systems/applications supporting Practice Velocity’s internal and external customers. This individual is heavily involved in researching new products, services, and technology allowing for continued innovation with the services provided by the team. As a Systems Administrator you will serve in advisory role in the project planning and execution process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Installation of Windows servers, workstations, and networking equipment.
- Installation and maintenance of server, networking, and other hardware devices and cabling.
- Work on daily projects in a team and individual setting.
- Active Directory Administration and maintenance.
- Adhere to and enforce Security policies.
- Perform standard Datacenter AC and UPS maintenance.
- Prioritize, track, and complete assigned tasks.
- Perform and maintain system backups.
- Perform daily health checks of all critical systems.
- Provide all levels of support to Practice Velocity’s employees when needed.
- Perform basic installation and configuration of blade servers and blade server components.
- Understanding of VLANs. Ability to use protocol analyzers to diagnose problems.
- Installation and configuration of Windows operating system. AD knowledge of group policy, FSMO roles, and forests. Ability to configure AD account settings. Exchange knowledge and the ability to perform maintenance and upgrades.
- Understanding of ITIL change management concepts.
- Ability to make cables. Ability to run patch cables and connect servers/workstations to switches. Install rack mount servers into racks.
- Installation, configuration, and maintenance of server backup software.
- Installation and configuration of server/networking equipment checks.
- Keep management apprised of new and/or updated information about projects or other issues. Effectively present information and respond to questions from managers.
- Ability to write reports – business correspondence and other IT information.
- Knowledge and awareness of HIPAA security requirements.
- Provide rotational off hours support to staff.
- Available for off hour system maintenance and upgrades.
Education and Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years experience with Windows servers.
- Experience with HP and Cisco hardware is preferred.
- Experience with VMWare preferred.
- Understanding of ITSM concepts is a plus.
Every team member at Practice Velocity exhibits our core values:
- Team player
- Positive energy
- Continuous improvement
- Clients win
We will not be able to provide sponsorship (i.e. H1B Visa) now or in the future.