The Systems Administrator II will work closely with cyber security and server administration teams to deliver a highly available, stable and secure endpoint computing environment to users across multiple locations. This position is responsible for evaluation, design, installation, configuration and maintenance of various software tools primarily for Windows endpoint computing deployment and management. Other responsibilities include leading small projects for SCCM/Gold Image configuration and management, VDI image management, and desktop software inventory management, among others.
You Must Have:
- US citizenship needed in order to obtain and maintain required US Dept of Energy "Q" level security clearance.
- Three (3) or more years' experience supporting Windows desktop and/or virtual desktops.
- Bachelor's degree in the field of Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Physical Science with a minimum of 24 semester hours of computer-related courses, -or- Two (2) additional years' related work experience.
- Experience with VDI technologies such as VMWare Horizon or Citrix.
- Demonstrated experience with HP hardware, supporting Windows 7 and Windows 10, Group Policy management, Active Directory, Powershell, Office suite, Microsoft Office 365.
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of cyber security concepts.
- Excellent attention to detail and positive "can-do" attitude.
- Propensity for knowledge sharing in a community and ability to work in a team environment.
- Innovative, self-motivated and able to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate strong verbal, written, analytical and problem solving skills.