Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
Systems Administrator II
What You’ll Do
- Plan and administer the IT infrastructure to meet ever-changing business requirements and improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the services.
- Research and provide recommendations for computing technologies.
- Participate in developing and documenting the policies and procedures for consistent infrastructure management, methodologies, and standards.
- Administer the strategy for the operations and support of the IT infrastructure (computers, networks, local equipment).
- Coordinate physical environment usage and planning across geographies (data centers, labs, remote offices).
- Administer lab environments and IT facilities.
- Capacity management of systems and services.
- Provide input into how costs are measured, tracked, and reported.
- Detailed design of hardware and software infrastructure to meet architecture, projectdevelopment and QOS requirements.
- Administer server hardware and OS build standards including server builds, server images, hardening, and software (applications & tools) installations.
- Enforce security policies for protecting data and shared network resources including files, folders and printers.
- Set and review the configuration of security access privileges.
- Document and configuring systems.
- Regular preventative maintenance (daily, weekly, monthly)
- Troubleshoot and triage of complex problems to avoid extended costly down time and service outages.
- Root cause analysis utilizing analytical problem solving to provide long term problem resolution.
- Administer the account and system setup controls.
- Administration of the information technology continuity and availability systems.
- Administer the messaging, database, and telecommunications operations.
- Create key performance indicators and metrics reports.
- Administer the directory service operations.
- Administer the capacity of systems and services.
- Provide cost and chargeback reporting to management and customers based onestablished costing and charging policies.
- Administer the intranet and extranet hosting service operations.
- Create and managing user accounts and permissions.
- Monitor availability of infrastructure services.
- Install Unix/Linux OS, patches, peripheral hardware and applications on engineering workstations and systems used for software development and CAD applications.
- Manage user accounts, permissions, and security policy.
- Troubleshoot systems, as needed.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the SBU/SSU and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need
- BS in Information Technology or a related technical field plus 5 or more years related experience.
- Each higher level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agencyrecognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Linux OS administration experience - CentOS, RedHat, Ubuntu.
- Excellent customer service skills in a demanding end-user facing role.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.