The System administrator we are looking for will be part of our Interactive Systems Operations team based in Rhode Island. Together with colleagues based in Las Vegas, Europe and the APAC region, we provide 24x7 support for IGT’s Production and Corporate Data Centers globally. The successful candidate will have architecture and support experiences to help drive efforts in the implementation of new infrastructures domestically as well as to monitor and remediate support issues globally.
First Year Goals
- Be able to support IGT’s production systems from level 2/3 support perspective.
- Understanding of IGT’s storage environment
- Be able to manage all IGT’s VMware environments
- Be able to solve the majority of the routine issues/problems as well as able to troubleshoot issues/problems alone and escalate to corresponding teams.
- Acquire necessary gaming license required to perform job duties
- 5-8 years hands-on experience as a Windows System Administrator
- L2 or L3 support experiences with customer minded and service-oriented spirit
- Willing to participate in on-call rotation including weekend and public holidays.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP and basic networking
- Solid knowledge of virtualization software (VMWare, Hyper-V)
- Good understanding of data center architecture
- Motivated and eager to learn and participate in a dynamically growing and changing environment
- Previous experience in system implementation
- 30% travel
- 4-year degree in C.S. or related IT field
- Solid understanding of data storage techniques and architecture
- Good understanding of disaster recovery processes
- Industry certification
- International communication skill or experience is a plus