Here at Plenty of Fish we are growing at a rapid pace and love utilizing the latest and greatest technology. We love cool tech and do not discriminate. We use the best tools for the job and implement them at a lightning fast pace. Working for POF means your work matters. The environments you build and support are utilized by millions of people around the world.
We’re looking for a System Administrator, a jack of all trades who is experienced at all things Linux, but is comfortable in Windows and willing to adapt and learn anything that comes their way. This role will be focused on supporting theSite Reliability engineer to provision, maintain and troubleshoot the Linux environment.
We have a tight knit and highly capable operations team. Communication is the cornerstone to our efficiency. We’re looking for a similar team member, someone light-hearted who laughs in the face of adversity and finds a solution at all costs. Working here means the company and team always has your back, so come join us!
So, what will you do?
- Administer and troubleshoot Windows Active Directory and Group Policy
- Administer and troubleshoot SAN / NAS Storage Systems and infrastructure
- Administer and troubleshoot IIS web servers
- Automate tasks using Powershell scripting
- Routinely review server / storage systems and undertake capacity planning
- Install, manage and troubleshoot datacenter and office infrastructure hardware, software and networks
- Install, manage and troubleshoot Windows and Linux servers
- Monitor and escalate application specific issues
- Ongoing data backup, restore and testing of disaster recovery scenarios
- Willingness to work in an on-call rotation to support a 24X7 environment
- Maintain updated documentation of systems as needed
- Troubleshoot reported problems and escalated as needed
What does our ideal candidate look like?
- 5+ years Linux Server systems administration experience, preferably focused on Ubuntu Server
- 2+ years Windows Server systems administration experience in an Active Directory Environment
- Experience with enterprise SAN / NAS storage infrastructures
- Experience with Microsoft IIS / NGIX
- Experience with Bash, Python
- Bonus for experience with Splunk / Docker / Kubernetes / Kafka / Ansible / Redis / PostgreSQL
- Hands on experience or thorough understanding of Web applications environment and
- Willingness to learn new systems and vendors, as needed
- Organized, responsible, and able to effectively deal with multiple concurrent accountabilities
- Self-directed and able to work with minimal guidance
- Demonstrated proficiency with a range of open source systems and tools