The IT Systems Administrator is responsible for administering all hardware, software, and cloud-based systems and will report to the IT Productivity Team Lead. This individual shall ensure that the company and industry best practices are followed with respect to software deployment, updates, maintenance, and recovery. This person will be responsible for standing up development and production solutions. This person shall ensure that application deployments from development to production are handled in a safe, smooth and reliable fashion.
This role is responsible for research and development into best practices and new technologies to best support efficient and secure operation of internal and external facing technologies including cloud technologies.
This role is also responsible for help desk calls, production support, break/fix, and end-user training. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field plus two years’ experience deploying and maintaining cloud-based services or four years’ experience with at least two years of college
- Must have a solid understanding of information security principles and best practices including firewall setup, backup and recovery, password policy, and application security.
- Good communication skills including reading and writing in English
- Must be self-directed and disciplined
Demonstrated experience setting up and maintaining the following:
- Amazon Web Services
- Linux, Windows Server 2008 R2 and 2012
- G Suite
- MacOS devices and products
- Windows Server products
- Zabbix networking monitoring
- Cloud VoIP solution
- Experience with networking technologies and IP routing
- Experience with bash and other scripting languages
- Experience with mass software deployment tools and centralized endpoint management
- Physical Requirements
- Ability to carry up to 45 pounds
- Some after hours and weekend work may be necessary