The Systems Administrator’s I (Generalist) responsibilities include effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, servers and related infrastructure. This position participates in technical research, evaluation, and documentation to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, and related procedures adhere to IT Standards as set within the team.
- Provide basic support for IT systems, including physical and virtual servers.
- Provide server-side application support for a variety of systems including Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence).
- Oversee systems compliance through a variety of custom-built reporting and portals. Contribute ideas for new compliance mechanisms in order to reduce manual intervention.
- Oversee IT projects and related communication.
- Provide script and automation solutions as part of the IT Operations team.
- Participate in after-hours maintenance activities to support our environment.
- Provide 24/7 support coverage for all in-scope servers during rotating primary / secondary on-call schedules.
- Solve complex system problems quickly and with expertise, leveraging the vendor as the next higher level of support.
- Propose and implement systems or procedure enhancements that will improve performance and reliability.
- Follow change control policies and procedures and supports the practice of continuous improvement.
- Able to work in an interrupt-based work environment with changing deadlines, conflicting priorities, and users of all levels of technical skill.
- Create and maintain documentation for servers and other technology solutions within the environment in accordance with Governance and Compliance policies.
- Associate Degree in Computer Science, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of experience with systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of the overall IT ecosystem including networking, security, monitoring, hardware, virtualization and OS support.
- Moderate to advanced skills in supporting Windows Server, TCP/IP, DNS, and DHCP.
- Moderate skills in leveraging JSON, RestAPI, query languages (ex: SQL), and modern scripting languages.
- Basic skills in Linux Server support, VMware virtualization and Azure.
- Able to take ownership of Servers, Systems, and Portals.
As you’ve probably guessed, OverDrive is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else, we don’t even want you to be like us—we want you to be like you! So, if you're interested in joining the OverDrive team, apply below and tell us what inspires you about OverDrive and why you think you are perfect for our team.