Do you want to make a difference? Join our team! Harris is looking for high performing individuals who will design, develop, deploy, and sustain systems that provide the intelligence community with actionable intelligence to protect our nation. Our team is a collection of highly technical problem solvers, invigorated by creating first-of-a-kind systems. You will help solve the most demanding technical challenges while enjoying the satisfaction of knowing that your efforts are making the nation a safer place.
Responsible for the internal or customer administration, maintenance and management of capacity resources for computers at the operating system and infrastructure level. Builds, configures, troubleshoots and integrates new and existing servers to provide service enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure upgrades.
Recommends software and hardware enhancements, diagnoses and corrects issues, defines and implements new services with the goal of achieving maximum server uptime and availability for the customers.
Responsible for monitoring performance, system usage. Contributes towards the Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP), backup systems and disk configurations. Conducts system analysis and development to keep systems current with changing technologies.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field, and minimum 6 years related experience.
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Knowledge of scripting for automation of tools is preferred (BASH/Python/Perl/PowerShell).
- Ability to design and defend complex infrastructure solutions (cluster, DB, large networks) is a plus.
- Red Hat certifications (RHCSA, RHCE).
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure design: power requirements, rack build-out, cooling, and how to secure a lab.
- Experience supporting any of the following applications or technology:
- Shared storage for targets and initiators (NFS, iSCSI, FC).