Harris Corporation is seeking a highly motivated Systems Administrator / Network Engineer to work on a team of experienced and highly competent engineers in a fast-paced environment. We are looking for a new team member to help handle our increasing load of both day-to-day tasks and engineering work. The ideal candidate will love problem solving, working collaboratively with the customer, have an eye for details, and be self-motivated.
- BS/BA (or equivalent) in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- CCNA certification, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 6 years relevant networking and/or systems administration experience.
- Experience configuring switches and routers, preferably Cisco
- Understanding of IP networking including ACL’s, subnets, routing protocols, etc.
- Familiarity with Linux, including shell scripting, KVM, and E-Directory on Linux (LDAP for Linux)
- Familiarity with SNMP protocol and tools (Spectrum, Tivoli, Sherpa, NetBoss, etc.)
- Familiarity with administering IDS’s, such as Cisco Firepower
- Experience with installing and cabling equipment in a data center
- Experience installing and configuring COTS software products in an enterprise environment, such as Sophos (virus scanning)
- Experience performing penetration testing using tools such as Nessus
- Experience administering tools for two-factor authentication, such as RSA
- Experience as a user of Splunk
- Experience with configuration of enterprise storage and backup products including NetApp
PREFERRED ADDITIONAL SKILLS:
- Work with customer and program management to translate business needs into reliable information platforms by researching, designing, sourcing, tracking, and deploying hardware and software systems.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, working independently on projects from start to finish.
- Strong skill set with Microsoft Office software applications.