The Harris Surveillance and Automation Solutions Business Area is a recognized, vibrant, and growing organization providing unsurpassed engineering, management, operations, implementation, and information solutions for worldwide Air Traffic Control. We are in the forefront of the FAA's NextGen Airspace Modernization Programs and international Air Traffic Control Systems initiatives. This work includes modernizing from a ground-based system of air traffic control to a satellite-based system of air traffic management, improving communications between pilots and air traffic controllers enabling more efficient operations and reducing communications errors and radio congestion, and developing leading-edge concepts in all dimensions of air traffic control. The successful candidate will be working on the FAA ADS-B (Automatic Dependent Surveillance-Broadcast) program which is one of the FAA's major NextGen Airspace Modernization Programs bringing the FAA into the 21st century. The working environment is challenging, dynamic and fast-paced. This position offers opportunities to work in various state of the art hardware (Oracle T5-1 and X-3 blades, ntp servers), operating systems (Solaris 10/11, Centos and MSWindows), systems administration, troubleshooting and supporting a mission critical air traffic control system with a 0.99999 uptime requirement.
The candidate will be responsible for performing tasks such as:
- Build, configure and maintain Oracle T5-1 and X-3 blades which are installed inside Netra 6000 chassis.
- Install Dell server hardware and maintain JBOD disk storage arrays totaling over 1000 Terabytes.
- Provide system administration support to multiple environments including development, test, CM, performance tuning and production.
- Provide support to manage 12 control stations across the US including Hawaii and Guam.
- Provide daily systems administration support for more than 1000 instances of devices running on Solaris and Centos OS.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology
- 3 plus year or related experience
- 2-5 years’ experience in Solaris systems administration
- Excellent hardware and OS troubleshooting skills required.
- Experience installing, maintaining and tuning Solaris 10, Solaris 11 and CentOS operating systems.
- Experience with installation and configuration of primary and guest LDOMs and VM environments.
- Knowledge of active directory, Apache Server and Visio.
- Previous experience with FAA systems/programs is a plus.
- The successful candidate will possess strong initiative with an ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, and strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- The successful candidate will also have experience with shell scripting, system configuration management tools (preferably CFEngine) and database management experience with Oracle and MySQL.