H2 Performance Consulting is subject to the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act as a Federal Contractor and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and strives to build a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status or disability status. Additionally, as mandated under Executive order 12989, H2 is required to verify employment eligibility of selected candidates through the Department of Labor’s - E-Verify.
H2 Performance Consulting (H2) is seeking a Systems Administrator to join our current contractsupporting the White Sands Missile Range in Alamogordo, New Mexico. This work will be performed on-client site and requires an active Secret clearance at time of application.
- Provide support in all areas and phases of installation, set-up, configuration, integration, testing, and troubleshooting of hardware, software and any other specified tools.
- Provide server, desktop, software, peripheral planning and support, imaging services, release management, password management, and Information Technology (IT) training.
- Provide touch labor support for all designated IT systems within the area of assigned responsibility.
- Make independent judgment and sound decisions when providing IT systems support, collaboration, and guidance to users and support personnel.
- Provide technical direction and training for support personnel performing technical operations within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Be able to exercise a high degree of discretion when evaluating client's operating systems, hardware configuration, firewalls, security, and networkinfrastructure.
- Install, integrate, and maintain various system servers and workstations such as, but not limited to, Windows Server 2Kx, Windows 7, 8, and 10, Windows Vista, GIS, UNIX, etc.
- Responsible for the installation, configuration and maintenance of the organization's UNIX operating systems and all related systems or software.
- Analyzes and resolves problems associated with server hardware/software and applications software and ensures scalability and appropriate integration with other systems.
- Detects, diagnoses, and reports UNIX related problems on both UNIX server and UNIX desktop systems.
- Responsible for UNIX backup or recovery procedures.
- Have a solid background in network properties, architecture, design infrastructure, and policy.
- Execute policies and standards, as they relate to IT systems and networksecurity and protocols.
- Understand LAN/WAN/WLAN concepts, infrastructure, and protocols.
- Demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
- Rely on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Provide comprehensive solutions for managing desktops, workstations, servers, printers, bridges, routers, etc.
- Provide networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Evaluate, install, configure, upgrade, and back-up hardware and software.
- Assist with configuring and assigning file shares and linking servers to database systems.
- Utilize various scriptinglanguages to create on-line forms linking users to databases.
- May assist with the research, development, and implementation of network and host security policies and strategies
- May assist with management of remote client access.
- Monitor network traffic and make necessary recommendations for additional resources or hardware.
- Attend meetings and conferences as required and serve as a primary interface with the Government.
Requirements to perform role:
- Demonstrated experience of various COTS software/hardware, and network products; Windows OS, MS Office, etc.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand detailed instructions.
- Ability to react to customer issues and formulate resolutions quickly.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- B.S. degree in Information Technology or related field.
- Three to five years of direct experience in the IT field.
- Relevant and equivalent experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- CompTIA Security+ ce certification.
- Computing environment training, in accordance with DoD 8570.01.
- Must have Secret clearance at time of application
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a valid driver's license