Working under minimal supervision, provides support, daily operations, monitoring, and remediation of assigned services
- May act as an Email and Email Archiving Administrator.
- May act as a Database Administrator (DBA) and interface with DBA contractors as necessary for maintenance and planning of database resources, storage, procedures and best-practices.
- May act asa Storage Administrator.
- May be responsible for configuring and administering storage systems and allocating resources to servers and software systems, troubleshooting and resolving issues, and discovering and eliminating excessive use and duplicate data.
- May act as a Backups Administrator and ensures that all server systems are backed-up to tape or otherwise archived for recovery in failure and disaster-recovery scenarios.
- May provide research and deep knowledge of assigned systems and high-level problem solving and prioritization, provide direction and priority on complex problems.
- May work directly with end-users on related issues.
- Patche and upgrade systems as directed or pre-approved for updates-on-notice from vendors in order to keep the systems secure or under support.
- Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support.
- Responsible for the daily operation and monitoring and remediation of assigned servers and in low-manpower scenarios, all server systems and applications.
- May be responsible for maintaining/implementing the network and server monitoring system, with moves/adds/changes and constant tuning.
- Responsible for providing primary knowledgeable support for a large number of applications as assigned and work with vendor support services to repair and upgrade these systems.
- Researches and installs assigned new and/or upgraded hardware and software systems.
- Documents procedures and configurations and may design security levels for systems.
- May design test procedures and work with end-users to test such systems before production deployment when possible, subject to direction from management.
- May monitors trends in the server activity and storage systems over a long-term and short-term basis and alert management if/when additional systems resources will be necessary to support operations.
- Associate degree, technical degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 7+ years' of experience in the field or in a related areas.
- Demonstrated experience with administering specific systems or types of system in use at the time of hire.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field as needed at time of hire.
- Experience in Microsoft Windows Server and client, and Active Directory is preferred.
- Highly preferred extensive experience in: Microsoft System Center suite: SCCM, SCOM, SCSM, SCEP, Orchestrator, VMM; SharePoint, Lync/SkypeFB, Hyper-V, App-V, RDS, SQL Server, FIM/IM, Exchange, and VMware.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Basic Math skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 10 pounds
- Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment