Can you imagine being a vital member of team that works daily to support our US Naval forces across the world? Can you imagine working side-by-side with a team dedicated to improving our government systems and ensuring the safety and well-being of those that protect us each day? GDIT is seeking a talented and resourceful Systems Administrator to work full-time or part-time at our Wahiawa, HI location.
What will you be doing each day?
- Administer and troubleshoot user accounts, email, chat, replication, websites, and server operations
- Provide Tier II and Tier III customer support via telephone, email, chat and support tools
- Maintain and install IBM Domino and Sametime chat servers, databases, ad hoc reporting, and configuration; and ensure functionality of Domino Web Sites
- Establish backups and monitor site security
- Perform software installation and updates
- Proactively recommend improvements to processes and tools
- Execute configuration management and document system modifications
- Perform implementation and maintenance of complex solutions
- Coordinate activities with other technical personnel as appropriate
- Develop and analyze highly complex system standards, thresholds and recommendations to maximize system performance
What are the requirements for this role?
- You must have an active TS/SCI government security clearance
- CompTIA Security+ CE certification is required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related engineering discipline; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- 4+ years of experience providing Tiers I, II, and III service desk support across a variety of hardware platforms and software programs.
- Experience using IBM Domino Systems Administrator
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Server; MS Office, Symantec Endpoint, and third party tools such as ACAS, Retina CS, Server AdminPlus and GSX.
These are the nice to have qualifications
- Operating Systems (OS) Certification
- Demonstrated experience performing Information Assurance (IA) security procedures, which may include scanning and mitigating actions
- Experience working with TeamStudio CIAO! and TeamStudio Delta or similar software (SourceSafe, CVS, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills preferred.
- Experience administering Windows Server 2008/2012 Server, Windows 10, HyperV, Linux-based server, IBM Notes and Sametime chat
- Web development and/or troubleshooting, HTML development and/or troubleshooting Sametime chat/TeamSessions persistent chat
- Demonstrated experience in a software testing environment
- Certified Lotus Professional (CLP) or equivalent IBM Certified System Administrator preferred.
- Experience working with highly complex systems administration, database administration and virtual environments
#cjpost, #dicepost, #gdjobs
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training, and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs, and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.