Other Desired Experience:
- Implement and manage Microsoft operating systems, services, applications, and roles (Windows Server 2016, Windows 10, Exchange, file and print services, Office, etc.) in a VMWare ESXi virtual environment (VMWare 6.x and VMWare Horizon 6.x) using DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide checklists.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and federate Windows Services, such as DNS (Domain Name Services), DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol), DFS (Distributed File Server), ADFS (Active Directory Federation Services), ADCS (Active Directory Certificate Services), KMS (Key Management Services), WDS (Windows Deployment Services), BranchCache, and Internet Information Service (IIS).
- Implement DISA Security Technical Implementation Guide (STIG) requirements and maintain systems in accordance with requirements of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Deploy system updates and patches, to both GIG-connected and isolated networks, utilizing Microsoft Windows Software Update Services (WSUS).
- Conduct daily system maintenance activities including log reviews and connectivity checks to maintain project infrastructures and systems in a ready-to-use state.
- Use PowerShell to conduct administration and scripting tasks.
- Write technical documentation of implementations and troubleshooting results.
- Occasionally travel in support of network events.
- Implement Windows-based Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) in a DoD environment, including generation of certificate requests, installing issued certificates, implementing and supporting PKI smart card logins in Active Directory.
- Deploy and configure Microsoft SQL in a secure environment utilizing DISA STIG checklists. Assist with installation, maintenance, and troubleshooting of web applications and applications that leverage SQL database services.
- Experience with NetApp Filer experience, general Storage Area Network technology, Brocade SAN fibre channel fabric switch configuration, or equivalent SAN fabric switch technology.
- Experience with installation of Microsoft SharePoint and Internet Information Server (IIS) and procedures required to secure it in a DoD environment.
- Deploy and configure XMPP chat server and clients (OpenFire, Jabber, etc.).
- Experience implementing Virtual Desktop Interface (VDI).
- Experience with DoD cyber operations (USCYBERCOM, Navy Fleet Cyber, etc.).
Work Location: Joint Staff J6 Cyber, Engineering, and Operations Division, Suffolk, VA
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
- Educational equivalency for this position is defined as at least nine (9) years' experience maintaining and managing largescale computer systems.
- Must have an active DoD Secret security clearance and be eligible for Top Secret.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Certified DOD 8570.1-M IAT Level 2 (current baseline security and operating system certifications).
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.