GDIT's TISCOM – TESS program is an environment that mixes physical and virtual technologies, utilizing a collaboration of many different vendors. TISCOM – TESS sets precedence for IT policies and procedures for the entire enterprise, supporting over 65,000 users in a Windows Active Directory architecture. A fast paced atmosphere, TISCOM – TESS is always looking towards the future with opportunities to deliver its users with the best tools and support. Currently, we are seeking a Systems Administrator in Alexandria, VA. The selected candidate must hold a current government security clearance, per contract requirements (Clearance Level: Secret).
- 4+yrs administrative experience in VMware virtual infrastructure.
- 4+yrs experience deploying VMware vSphere, Horizon View, vCenter, vCorps, etc. in an enterprise environment.
- Knowledge of diagnosing and resolving vSphere performance issues.
- 4+yrs experience working with storage systems including SAN (FC FCoE), NAS (CIFS and NFS)
- Experience working with windows technologies and design (Domain Controllers, IIS, & clustering).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, UNIX, Linux server experience.
- Experience using enterprise level ticket routing system (Remedy preferred)
- Experience with Dell iDRAC, NetApp ONTAP 9.X or higher, and Cisco UCS
- Must be 8570 IAT II compliant
- Receives and acts upon incidents, change requests and service requests delivered via Remedy.
- Provisions storage volumes/LUNs and virtual machines according to specifications outlined in change requests.
- Maintains IAVM compliance of virtual infrastructure systems by reviewing and applying patches, hotfixes, service packs, security configurations and system updates using automated tools such as VMware Update Manager, through management tools such as NetApp OnCommand System Manager.
- Maintains CYBERCOM and DISA STIG compliance of virtual infrastructure systems using Scripts or by performing manual verification.
- Performs visual inspection of systems management interfaces and alerting systems to ensure proper operation.
- Receives event notifications generated by alerting tools such as VMware vRealize or through other systems, coordinates corrective action, applies fix actions, and logs events in tracking systems.
- Works with multiple VMware products, including vRealize Operations Manager, Log Insight, View, Orchestrator, Site Recovery Manager, Replication, vCenter, AppVolumes, User Environment Manager.
- Troubleshoots issues related to Windows Server 2008+, as well as RHEL 6+..
- Replaces defective hardware in local systems and coordinates the replacement of defective hardware in remote systems.
- Authors and updates Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for system maintenance and operations.
- Provide after-hour support and on-call support as required.
- Powershell scripting
- VMware vSphere 6.0+ knowledge.
- Windows Server 2008+ knowledge.
- RHEL 6+ knowledge.
- ESXi manipulation (esxcli, powercli, and others).
- CLI manipulation of storage and OOB solutions (NetApp and iDRAC).
- Scripting skills.