Systems Administrator - Endpoint Management
Systems Administrator – Endpoint ManagementAs part of the Technical Operations Group, the CorpIT Endpoint Management team at AppNexus is responsible for architecting, deploying and administering the infrastructure that controls our user laptop environment. These systems include upstream security, OS patching and imaging systems and system level OS modifications. An ideal candidate will be comfortable deploying to over 1,000 AppNexus employees around the globe on both Mac and PC hardware. The team works closely with our CorpIT Service Desk and global user base to design creative solutions to drive a better user experience. About the job:
- Manage and maintain the deployment of new software, patches and OS updates via corporate computer management (MDM) tools (KACE and Jamf).
- Manage and maintain the corporate backup server (CrashPlan ProE).
- Manage and maintain compliance of company software for Encryption(DDPE), Malware(Ziften) and Security.
- Manage, maintain and deploy end-user computer images for both Windows and Mac OS.
- Interface with other Tech Ops/IT areas to ensure appropriate project/activity integration and support.
- Automate deployment related and repetitive tasks using scriptinglanguages, puppet, and/or other automation frameworks
- Proactively monitor and maintain above systems and services.
- Act as escalation point for Help Desk technicians regarding corporate IT systems
- We’re in search of troubleshooters and those who love to tinker and innovate with technology.
About your skills:
- 2+ years experience in supporting corporate clients in a senior help-desk role.
- 1-2 years experience administering computer management or MDM environments, this includes but is not limited to: Casper, Jamf and Quest KACE.
- 1-2 years experience supporting Microsoft systems and applications (Office 365, MS Exchange Admin, PowerShell, Active Directory)
- 1-2 Years Functional knowledge of back-end programming, scripting and database management. (Shell scripting, Python, MySql, etc)
- Extensive experience creating, deploying and maintaining computer images for Windows and Macs.
- Extensive experience managing and deploying updates to Windows and Mac based laptops at scale.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot, identify systemic issues and design and implement fixes for routine to moderately complex problems.
- In-depth experience with and understanding of Microsoft, Apple and other operating systems, equipment, software and applications.
More about you:
- You are passionate about a culture of learning and teaching. You love challenging yourself to constantly improve, and sharing your knowledge to empower others.
- You like to take risks when looking for novel solutions to complex problems. If faced with roadblocks, you continue to reach higher to make greatness happen.
- You care about solving big, systemic problems. You look beyond the surface to understand root causes so that you can build long-term solutions for the whole ecosystem.
- You believe in not only serving customers, but also empowering them by providing knowledge and tools.