Data Systems Analysts, Inc. (DSA) is seeking a customer focused Systems Administrator to join our team in Huntsville, AL, to provide support to the Army and to begin an exciting career within DSA.
The Systems Administrator will be responsible for responsibilities including overseeing automation, data/telecommunications, visual information and records management for the Program Executive Office (PEO) Missile and Space (MS). PEO MS provides centralized management for Army Air and Missile Defense and Tactical Missile Programs as well as selected Army Space programs that leverage state-of-art technology to meet Warfighter multi-domain and full spectrum operation requirements.
The Systems Administrator will establish and sustain virtual infrastructure; migrate selected mission applications from legacy environments to the latest virtual hardware/software platforms; and establish new mission applications into virtual hardware/software platforms.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Provide the experience and skillset necessary to manage the following VMware technologies: VMware vSphere (computing), VMware vSAN (storage), VMware NSX (networking and security), and VMware vRealize Suite (cloud management)
- Remain current and well versed in the latest IT technologies
- Provide planning, implementation, monitoring, and continuously improves processes to support the Army’s operation of a services management organization using commercial best practices
- Providing innovative approaches to strategic technical planning and solutions to overcome operational challenges and obstacles.
- Lead complex tasks, including review of work products for correctness, compliance with industry
best practices, DoD standards, and Army standards.
- Requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other closely related discipline
- 8+ years of experience in server management and administration, implementation, and cloud migration.
- Technical expertise in current and emerging VM and Cloud technologies.
- Must be familiar with both traditional waterfall and Agile delivery methods
- Possess knowledge and experience with Department of Defense (DOD)/Army plans, policies, standards, and methods aimed at the acquisition and support of military programs and resources for Army systems
- Experience leading technical discussions with internal and external customers.
- Completed VMware Certified Associate(VCA) or VMware Certified Professional (VCP) and Comp Tia Sec+
- Experience working in large, complex IT environments
- Experience with general IT security concepts, network security and software development practices/methodologies.
- MUST HAVE AN ACTIVE DOD SECRET Clearance; this will be verified prior to interview. Therefore, only US Citizens can be considered for this position.