Domtar is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to fill a permanent position at its Windsor plant. Essentially, the incumbent will be responsible for designing and maintaining operational the environment and technological infrastructure of systems, databases and servers essential to the achievement of the objectives of the Windsor plant. This includes among other servers Windows, Unix & Linux , databases Microsoft SQL & Informix , environments VMWare , a storage area network and some tools and plant systems (IP, VDI .. )
The main responsibilities of the position are:
- Manage the projects under his responsibility.
- Recommend the hardware and software solutions needed to optimize the infrastructure .
- Plan, install, configure, maintain and optimize Unix and Windows servers, Microsoft SQL and Informix databases and ensure their performance. Ensure that the operating systems are up to date and protected against virus attacks.
- Assess the vulnerability of the company's information systems and implement solutions to protect applications and data.
- Configure and monitor certain stations critical to the smooth running of operations and use monitoring tools to prevent problems .
- Prepare and test server recovery plans.
- Administer access and security rights on servers and systems in order to control access to plant systems.
- Ensure asset protection by managing backup copies.
- Contact suppliers to resolve issues covered by service contracts.
- Manage storage and virtualization infrastructure.
- Implement the appropriate security methods and tools and support their implementation with users
- Diagnose and treat incidents of c between s data .
- Participate in the study and analysis of the company's infrastructure needs .
- Develop and disseminate operating procedures and document existing facilities.
- Provide IT support service for internal and external users.
The teacher he is looking for is the following:
- Bachelor's degree or DEC / AEC in computer science / networking or in any relevant discipline .
- Minimum of ten ( 10 ) years of experience in a similar position.
- Recognized expertise in the administration of systems / servers : Microsoft Windows Server (2003-201 9 ) and SQL
- V irtualization with VMware / Citrix tools.
- S ystems network disks (SAN).
- Knowledge of Unix, Linux, Informix environments - an asset
- Experience in operating a data center .
- Experience in project management and a technical team
- Recognized certification (ex: Citrix, Vmware , Server + , M CP or others) - an asset
Some qualities to be successful in this position :
- Good analytical and synthesis skills .
- Excellent ability to integrate into a team .
- Autonomy, organizational skills and rigor in one's work .
- Constant desire to learn new information technologies .
- Speed of execution and decision-making in sometimes complex situations .
- Availability to respond to emergencies 24/7, outside working hours