The role will be will be responsible for software, systems, and cloud based infrastructure as it pertains to the operations of the Career Services department. The ideal candidate would have DevOps or Full-Stack Developer type of background/experience. Typical responsibilities include creating/managing ETL processes that integrate vendor systems, creating reports in SSRS or similar reporting tools and working with various requests for data from internal departments as well as external vendors.
This position is located on the Pleasantville Campus working directly within the Career Services Department; however some inter-campus travel will be required.
• Analyze and evaluate existing business systems and procedures.
• Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications.
• Assist in defining software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
• Research, identify, analyze, and fulfill requirements of functional users.
• Develop integration between cloud-based and on premises line of business applications.
• Enhance existing processes while developing sustainable and scalable processes.
• Demonstrated experience developing, managing, deploying, and integrating legacy systems with cloud based services.
• Work with a wide range of technologies across multiple vendors.
• Create processes that can be leveraged to help drive efficiencies and quality.
• Work on new designs/solutions, bringing them from concept to in life operations.
• Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale.
• Work directly with the Career Services Executive Director and Director of Operations to identify overall department and individual user needs and successfully address them.
• Promote the University’s commitment to customer service by ensuring optimum service to all internal and external clients.
• Perform other such duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience with Microsoft SQL (TSQL, SSIS, SSRS).
An understanding of SDLC.
Demonstrated ability to lead major technology projects.
Ability to create documentation when needed.
Self-motivated and able to multi-task and communicate clearly and effectively with little supervision.
Ability to apply a comprehensive knowledge across key tasks and multiple high impact assignments on tight deadlines.
Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or related field experience; Master’s degree preferred.
Career services related experience is a plus.
Knowledge of Microsoft software stack is also a plus (.NET Framework, Powershell, etc).