Position Summary: The SysAdmin will perform the actions required to correct issues and improve system performance. The successful candidate will have a broad background in Systems Administration supporting Windows 2012R2/2016 systems with multiple types of servers and services including Active Directory, Office 365, VMware, Amazon Web Services, and Veeam. The SysAdmin should be quick to grasp concepts, thorough in exploring the depths of an issue and persistent in understanding root cause of issues. This role requires strong interpersonal skills due to continual interaction with managers and users with varying technical backgrounds in a fast paced work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides general and routine technical support to a broad range of installation, patching, configuration, and updates to Windows operating systems.
- Moves, adds and implements changes for users’ Active Directory and Office 365 accounts.
- Maintains documented procedures for Windows Infrastructure.
- Collaborates with team members and software vendors to design, implement and test systems.
- Requires occasionally working during non-business hours and on weekends.
- Accountability on the use of services, handling of sensitive data, and resolving incidents and requests in compliance with FFIEC regulations.
- Creating and updating systems documentation, performing systems assessments and reporting results.
- Contributes to research and evaluation of new enterprise technologies.
- Stays current with advances in technologies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will possess business operations experience and skills, leadership and management expertise, analytical and critical thinking skills, and attention to detail. Additionally, the ideal candidate should possess the following:
- Bachelor’sdegree inTechnology, Engineering orMathematics(STEM)
- Technical certification in Microsoft, Cisco or VMware highly desirable
- Commensurate work experience accepted
- Minimum of five years’ experience in an IT Support and Administrative role with strong troubleshooting skills
Previous experience with Windows Server 2012R2/2016, VMware ESXi,/Horizon, Windows 7/10, Veeam backup software, Office 365 and AWS
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking, firewalls and switching.
- Ability to leverage tools to perform day-to-day administration tasks, root-cause analysis and service restoration (such as backup, restore, failover, log interpretation, and performance monitoring).
- Works on more than one task at a time and manages work effectively by prioritizing own assignments, schedules, and meetings resulting in timely completion of work.
- High degree of personal integrity.
- The applicant should eager to learn and obtain technical certification.
- Must be able to receive and follow instructions given by management, develop solutions to unique problems.
- Must be physically capable to stoop, bend, lift up to 20 lbs to place technology supplies and computers and related equipment onto racks, desks, counters and into cabinets and onto storage shelves, etc.
SALARY AND EMPLOYMENT
- Compensation commensurate with experience, skills, position responsibilities;
- Company benefits including Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K and others.