The Systems Administrator will provide system administration of Windows, Linux and Solaris operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with third party maintenance providers.
- Install and upgrade software, and other operational support activities.
- Provide problem information to Site Lead and Key Management Personnel.
- Support on-site hardware and software.
- Submit PR’s for problems on site and keep all informed of status at all times.
- Troubleshoot and support through visual inspection and user interaction.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- B.A. or B.S. degree in an associated technical discipline; M.B.A., M.S., or M.A. desired --- or 5 years of equivalent work experience. Additional relevant experience can be used in lieu of the degree requirement.
- TS/SCI clearance required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of administration duties on Windows, Linux, and Solaris operating systems.
- Demonstrate understanding of the cross-domain process, including available methods and alternatives to perform both fully accredited man-in-the-loop and automated cross-domain transfers.
- Self-direction skills are highly desired.
- Ability to solve complex engineering problems utilizing creative thinking skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Knowledge of general software development concepts.
- Familiarity with user experience and front-end web design concepts.
- Familiarity with development frameworks, preferably Agile.
- Ability to meet eligibility requirements of a government security clearance for access toclassified information.
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, withfrequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.