The Systems Administrator Intermediate is responsible for maintaining Windows servers and administers upgrades, repairs, installs, configurations, and integrates new software.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer the physical and virtual environment for hosted servers
- Maintain and administer the Windows servers including upgrading, repairing, installing, configuring and integrating new software products, maintaining security, user and group managing, creating shared directories, and setting security permissions
- Perform weekly full system and daily incremental backups of all supporting systems IAW with PEO-EIS program requirements
- Perform recovery of data as required and requested by PEO-EIS
- Add/delete/disable local users as approved and/or requested by PEO ISSM
- Maintain and administer the supporting computers and peripherals including upgrades, minor repairs, and software integration of current and prospective software packages
- Design and implement automated update and maintenance procedures for Web server
- Provide documentation to Government personnel regarding maintenance, administration, and configuration of Windows servers
- Research and recommend software and hardware solutions for PEO-EIS customers, as required
- Maintain and monitor security activity audit trail logs and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliancy IAW AR 25-2
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree in related field required
- 5+ years direct relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of education; combined total of 7 years for education and experiance
- Possess Baseline and Full Computing Environment Certifications for IAT-II IAW DoD 8570.01-M and BBP 05-PR-M-0002
- Secret clearance required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to efficiently and effectively identify and solve project issues
- Must possess the ability to multi-task and prioritize in fast paced environment
- Must possess the ability to work independently
- Able to communicate effectively in writing and orally
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Physical Demands: (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
Work Environment: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.)
- The employee will normally work in a temperature-controlled office environment, with frequent exposure to electronic office equipment.
- During visits to areas of operations, may be exposed to extreme cold or hot weather conditions. Is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and loud noise.