What You'll Get to Do:
As aSystems Administrator you willprovide Tier 2 service desk system administration support for a 24x7 message and communications system. Your responsibilities include resolving remote hardware and software issues using systems analysis techniques and procedures to ensure communication channels are operating as specified. This is accomplished through analysis and resolution of anomalies ranging from user errors, system/application errors, and/or infrastructure connectivity.
You will be responsible for supporting the client's communications systems, networks, and associated application infrastructure to:
- Maintain message traffic
- Research and analyze telecommunications activity associated within the technical areas in the telecommunications center
- Analyze traffic reports and diagnostic reports to determine network logic and malfunction trends, troubleshoots problems, and recommend improvements to enhance performance
- You will monitor, troubleshoot, and repair the application and hardware systems associated with a global communications and message systems. The Candidate must have the appropriate skills and experience to operate and monitor message processing systems, and the ability to follow the program's configuration management, incident management, and quality assurance processes. This includes coordination processes, effective communication, adapting as a team player in the program, and keeping all program documents up-to-date.
- Candidates will provide critical services in support of the management, monitoring, and operation of 24-hour support environment, including holidays and weekends. The position requires working on 12-hour shifts, non-alternating (all days or all nights).
Your Will Bring These Qualifications:
- Provide 24 x 7 Tier II systems administration support including troubleshooting, load analysis, and isolation of anomalies
- Be an effective communicator
- Perform incident management, service request management, and change management for IT systems
- Possess core understanding of IT fundamentals including knowledge of hardware functions (switches, routers, servers etc.), database functions, storage, and networking
- Basic system administration experience
- Possess a demonstrated knowledge of communications methods, organizational message flow, formal writing style, and knowledge of common terminology and acronyms
- Have excellent customer relationship skills
- Have working knowledge of Lotus Notes (including Domino server and Domino Admin)
- Be a self-starter willing to seek knowledge and broaden their understanding of their areas of responsbility
Education & Experience Required:
Candidate must have one of the following:
- 10 Years of job related experience and High School/GEDdiploma
- 8 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
- 4-7 Years of job related experience and Bachelor's degree
- 3 Years of job related experience and Master's degree
- 2 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Amazon Web Services (C2S) experiencepreferred
- Able to communicate problems and concerns to Tier III, programmers, and application engineers (verbally and in writing)
LOCATION: McLean, VA
WORK HOURS: Rotating Day Shift 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
What We Can Offer You:
- We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
- Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
- We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
- We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
- For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.