Job ID 2012
Buchanan & Edwards (BE) is a solutions provider in the areas of big data and analytics, collaboration and social enterprise, infrastructure, mobile, mission systems, and cybersecurity. BE provides our solutions across the Foreign Affairs, Law Enforcement, National Security and Defense, and Civilian markets. BE delivers our services offerings with one common goal: to help our customers become faster, smarter, and more operationally efficient while offering the best possible value for their investments.
BE is looking for an Systems Administrator to support our Law Enforcement customer. Our team works on a critical application used daily by Law Enforcement's agents across the country. We just started a modernization effort, so this is the perfect time to join our group and help drive our future direction.
The location is in Washington, DC – metro accessible
Top Secret (with the ability to obtain a CI Poly)
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational maintenance, support, and upgrades for operating systems and servers.
- Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages.
- Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions of varying complexities.
- Ensures data/media recoverability by developing and implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Plans and implements the modernization of servers.
- Develops, implements and promotes standard operating procedures and schedules.
- Conducts hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
- Improve automation, configuration management and DevOps processes
- 3+ years systems engineering/administration experience
- Windows Networking and Infrastructure
- Microsoft SQL Server or similar
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Understanding of high-availability, fail overs, backups, scaling and clustering operational systems
- Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Container orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Hub0
- Cloud services (AWS, Azure)
- Linux operating systems (Red Hat, CentOS)
- Other databases (MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, etc...
- SharePoint 2013
- DC/OC, Apache, Mesos
Would this role be a good fit for you? Exposure to Azure, AWS, RDBMS, NoSQL, Splunk, Linux, and MS Server. Working acrossmultiple environments and improving our DevOps processes. No ticketing system here, just an open environment where you can share ideas and learn from our technical leaders. We love self-starters who are interested in learning new tools/technologies and have shown that through positions with increasing responsibilities. We want to be one of the most forward-leaning groups in the Governmentwith plans to use tools such as Kubernetes, DC/OS Mesos and migrating to AWS GovCloud.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. (BE) is an Information Technology and Professional Services consulting firm located in Arlington, VA. BE is a diversified high-technology services company, providing government, commercial and nonprofit agencies technology solutions and organizational management services to ensure mission success. Serving the federal sector since 1998, we base our solutions on an in-depth understanding of our clients, their mission and the unique challenges they face. BE is the winner of the 2015 Microsoft U.S. Federal Solution Partner of the Year award, a 2015 and 2016 Washington Post Top Workplace and has been an Inc. 500/5000 awardee for six consecutive years.
Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is dedicated to fostering, cultivating and preserving a culture of diversity and inclusion. We are committed tocrafting a workplace that endorses creativity and innovation, and promotes engagement through open communication, acceptance of new people and ideas, and a supportive team dynamic. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicantswill receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteranstatus, or any other characteristic protected by law. EOE Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled. Buchanan & Edwards, Inc. is an E-Verify employer.