Description SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR (FTEUS-18-0772-F):
Bowhead seeks a Senior Systems Administrator to support the Joint Deployment Training Center's schoolhouse and other tenants.
Essential functions will include:
• Maintain GCCS-J Solaris, VMWare, and RHEL servers, Oracle & Sybase databases and install windows clients.
• Maintaining and supporting Microsoft 2008/2012R2 Servers, Virtual environments, Windows 7 & Windows 10.
• Troubleshoot PKI and CAC login implementation when applicable.
• Analyze system logs and identifies potential issues.
• Apply operating system updates, patches and configuration changes.
• Manage system hardware component installation.
• Administer configuration for new hardware and software.
• Manage user account information to include password reset when applicable.
• Perform monitoring and performance tuning.
• Monitor system load, response time and available storage space.
• Maintain system configuration files.
• Provide user/group administration.
• Perform scripting to automate services and refine procedures.
• Provide capacity planning support.
• Test and debug outages and issues.
• Support classes on-site and at other locations CONUS and OCONUS.
• Bachelor's Degree in a computer science or engineering field from an accredited institution required or equal combination of education and experience necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of this role.
• Minimum of six (6) years professional experience.
• Security+ certification required.
• OS certification server specific or Oracle, Red Hat, Linux
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to prioritize various taskers and suspenses.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED:
Must be able to maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.