Industry: Business Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 39 days ago
Our client, a growing, established company is looking for a Systems Administrator to join their team in the Southwest Suburbs of Chicago, IL as a full-time employee. The Systems Administrator / Engineer will interact with all levels of users in the company, including senior executives. He or she independently performs and coordinates preventive maintenance on Information Technology equipment on a continual basis; coordinates the installation, discontinuation, and relocation of equipment; completes required logs and reports of maintenance activities; develops reference materials and procedures that will become guidelines for others; and ensures diagnostic tools and service aids are in appropriate working order. The incumbent participates in the administration, engineering, planning, coordination, and installation of new or modified equipment and local area networks; performs troubleshooting, diagnostics, research, evaluation, and documentation of various data/voice communications solutions and alternatives; coordinates the installation of equipment, lines, and software necessary to meet the requirements for the site; prepares instructions and documentation for installation and monitors project status. The Systems Administrator is responsible for adhering to IT standards and would participate in incorporating industry best practices into operations. Our client offers a competitive compensation package including bonus, as well as great benefits!
* 3+ years of relevant Systems / Network administration experience.
* Experience with installing and administrating local area networks ( LANs ), managing wide area networks ( WANs ), network devices and high performance SAN and server hardware.
* Windows operating systems, Exchange, Office 365 and other Microsoft products.
* Ability to conceptualize planning, installing and supporting of Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, terminal server and related technologies.
* Experience with Cisco switches.
* Experience in installing and supporting VMWare ESXi software environments.
* Willing to learn installation, implementation and support of SAN / NAS storage technologies in a virtual or standalone server environment.
* Willing to learn implementation and support of Mitel VoIP.
* Willing to learn IT asset management disciplines, asset procurement and understanding of software distribution and patch management concepts.
* Must demonstrate contribution to project planning and implementation of new technologies.
* Must have disciplined approach to change control processes.
* Must demonstrate a good understanding of information security principles as it relates to system and network security.
* Contribute to a disaster recovery plan and testing.
* Demonstrate an aptitude toward network management and backup / recovery disciplines. * Conceptual understanding of data communications equipment, network switches, wireless access points and protocols such as SDWAN, FTP, TCP / IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP.
* Ability to be on-call 1-2 times per month.
* Flexibility to travel 1-2 times a year.
* Some formal training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. * Bachelor's Degree (B.A. or B.S.) from College or University, or equivalent technical certification is highly desirable.
* Certifications (i.e. MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, etc.).
* Experience with Palo Alto firewalls, Velo SDWAN, Juniper and Barracuda appliances.
* Scripting experience, specifically in Power Shell.
* Understanding of ITIL processes.
* Understanding of or experience with collaboration tools such as MS SharePoint, Skype and Teams.