JOB SUMMARY: Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/ or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and creates and maintains a disaster recovery plan.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent may perform one or more of the following duties.)
- The incumbent must be able to make independent judgment and sound decisions when providing network systems collaboration and guidance to users.
- The incumbent must be able to exercise a high degree of discretion when evaluating ASD and/or its client's operating systems, and security.
- The incumbent must be able to understand LAN/WAN concepts, infrastructure, and protocols.
- The incumbent must be able to demonstrate a wide degree of creativity and latitude as expected.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Researches and implements security strategies.
- Installs, integrates, and maintains various network system servers and workstations such as, but not limited to, Windows 2012, Windows 10, UNIX, etc.
- Provides comprehensive solutions for managing workstations, file servers, etc.
- Provides networking assistance to users, including help with network connections and passwords.
- Installs, configures, and evaluates hardware/software.
- Assists with linking servers to database systems.
- Assists with all upgrades, security patching, and backups.
- May assist with the development of network and host security policies.
Level of Security Clearance: Must have DOD Secret [minimum] or higher
- Required Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Information Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or other related fields, and at least five (5) years of experience (with three (3) years of related technical specialized experience).
- Security+ CE Required
- MCSE or MCSA Certification preferred; Experience administering an MS/Unix network environment a plus, with specific experience with Windows 2012, 2016 server and MS Exchange.