Fors Marsh Group LLC (FMG) is an applied research consulting firm based in Arlington, VA. Our primary mission is to leverage insights from the social sciences for improved organizational decision-making.
Fors Marsh Group is currently looking for a self-motivated and competent individual for a full-time Systems Administrator position to join our team in Arlington, VA. The person in this role will be responsible for supporting the organization with the design, installation, and maintenance of the corporate infrastructure and all of its hardware/software components.
- Demonstrating ownership of IT systems and processes by taking responsibility for operational availability of a secure, effective and reliable computing environment that meets or exceeds staff and business requirements.
- Following emerging technologies, standards, and developments within the industry to assist in planning and purchases for increased system capacity to meets the needs of a company growing both in size and in technical needs.
- Providing leadership, mentoring, and expert guidance to the team, assisting in the development of technical skills of other team members.
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating existing IT security controls and procedures to ensure all risks are known and mitigated to an acceptable level in both production and non-production environments.
- Conducting security scans and vulnerability testing of FMG environment to ensure compliance with current security regulations while maintaining systems and technology at or above industry standards.
- Installing and configuring software, group policy, folder permissions, services and settings on Windows servers, desktops, and laptops.
- Proactively monitoring server and website health in a production environment to ensure any failure can be responded to quickly and with minimum downtime
- Administering, managing and troubleshooting VMware environment
- Providing Tier 2 and 3 level user and hardware support of Windows based network systems
- Creating and verifying backups of data on all servers in the production environment using Veeam.
- Associate?s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Network Engineering/Information Technologyrequired, Bachelor?s preferred (comparable IT certifications will be considered).
- Minimum of 5 years?experience Configuring, managing and troubleshootingWindows Server 2008 and 2012
FMG Is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity