JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Field escalated problem tickets from the Tier 1 service desk to resolve application and software issues within servers, databases, and other mission-critical systems.
- Prioritize, schedule, and administer all instances where enhancements and defect resolution are required.
- Communicate application problems and issues to key stakeholders, including management, development teams, and unit leaders.
- Test fixes and perform post-resolution follow-ups to ensure problems have been adequately resolved.
- Maintain and enhance performance of all new and existing software and applications across the organization.
- Identify and learn appropriate software applications used and supported by the organization.
- Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
- Manage and/or provide guidance to junior members of the team.
- Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent repeated future problems.
- Implement security patches on software and hardware as required to maintain compliance
- Must maintain flexible hours for off-shift work as required.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent tasks in a highly dynamic environment with strong customer service skills, teaming skills, and the ability to collaboratewithin a cross functional team
- Have 4+ years of experience and hands on experienceworking with enterprise VMware and Windows Server environments
- Experience maintaining a 365x24x7 datacenter environment
- System administration experience in a Windows environment with substantial knowledge of Windows server 2008 through 2016
- Understanding of Microsoft WSUS and patching policies
- Strong working knowledge of Windows Image creation, hardening, troubleshooting
- Strong working knowledge of PowerShell, installing windows images, and troubleshootingwindows server
- Strong working experiencewithshared storage systems
- Ability to troubleshoot DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP and related network connectivity issues.
- Assistance in administering the Azure cloud (IaaS) and dashboards
- Manage AD Group policies including review of existing policies and proposed changes
- Creation / Updating systems documentation and operations standards / procedures
- Reduce identified vulnerabilities by installing hardware and software updates or patches
- Run reports on system compliance
- Understanding of ITIL terminology and processes
- Understanding of routing, switching, firewall and load balancing principals and operation
- Experiencewith enterprise ticketing systems (ServiceNow)
- Experiencewith Microsoft SQL and IIS administration
- Experience performing administration of Office 365
- Experiencewith basic Linux administration
- Experience utilizing SCCM for updates, patches and desktop deployments