The Opportunity. The Systems Administrator and Analyst position offers an opportunity to join a dynamic IT team to support staff and current systems while working to adapt and adopt new/evolving technology opportunities. The primary focus will be to assist the IT department with supporting staff, upgrading and maintaining cloud and on-premise systems, facilitating data exchanges, configuring and supporting network software and hardware that support staff and business operations. This position reports to the Director of Information Technology. The Systems Administrator will be responsible for assisting with technology project pipeline delivery as either project manager or team member.
Join the IT Department. The Trustees of Reservations is at a defining moment in its history and is determining significant future investments in both staff and chosen technologies in order to increase collaboration within the organization and improve flexibility and mobility. The IT department works with current/new properties and departments to ensure they have the hardware, software, systems and applications they need to operate efficiently, productively, and securely. Our ecosystem is a hybrid of cloud and on-premise systems in a virtualized environment.
Are you a match? This position requires experience with and a deep understanding of systems administration, project management and software systems/data integrations. Excellent written and oral communication skills and a high degree of customer service are imperative for success in this position.
About the Organization. The Trustees of Reservations is one of Massachusetts’ largest non-profits and the nation’s first conservation and preservation organization. Today, the places we care about are going fast, and the forces undermining them, including climate change, are moving faster. Our passion is to protect and share with everyone the irreplaceable natural and cultural treasures under our care.
About the Team. The Trustees’ IT department consists of the IT Director, a full-time helpdesk technician, and a network of contractors. The department is part of the Operations/Administration division which is led by the Chief Finance and Administrative officer.
- Works with departments to solve business problems using technologies and systems to create operational efficiencies.
- Participate in supporting staff via the IT helpdesk system.
- Triage and prioritize support requests so highest priority issues are addressed promptly and appropriately.
- Work to resolve issues in timely fashion and escalate issues when necessary.
- Communicate effectively with end users providing prompt responses and a high level of customer service.
- Participate in and potentially lead projects focusing on:
- New technology initiatives
- Systems implementations
- System upgrades
- Systems enhancements and integrations
- Data exchanges and integrations
- Assist with maintaining user accounts and permissions for network access, applications, email, Office 365, telephone and other on-premise and cloud systems for all new, existing and departing staff.
- Configure and support new and existing hardware, peripherals, devices, systems, AV equipment and phones.
- Familiarity with networking concepts including DNS, SMTP, VPN, RDP, firewalls, security and DR
- Supports the integration and effective utilization of various information capture systems, including but not limited to those related to development/membership, collections, commerce, POS, administration and finance.
- Assist the IT Director with reviewing and updating existing internal IT department documentation.
- Provides training to staff on organization systems including workstations and audio-visual systems.
- Works with IT Department to coordinate Managed Service Providers and contractors as needed to perform tasks, maintenance and project related work remotely and on properties.
- Intune, Hybrid Azure AD, basic SQL skills and a strong understanding of Office 365 considered a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience working in an IT role
- Demonstrated ability to meet established goals
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of staff
- Experience with Office 365, Active Directory, SharePoint, POS and Raisers Edge/other CRMdatabases preferred
- Experience with supporting on-premise and cloud systems
- Experience with systems integration and integrations
- Experience with organizational mergers considered a plus
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance, with employer premium contributions ranging from 75% - 85% based on plan level.
- Traditional and Roth 401K Retirement accounts available for employees to contribute to upon hire and a 5% employer match after one year of employment.
- Three weeks of vacation time in the first year of employment, as well as 10 sick days, two personal days, 12 Holidays and one floating holiday per year. Four weeks of Paid Parental Leave following the birth or adoption of a child, after one year of employment.
- Day of Service: employees take one regular work day per year to travel to another property to help with a specific project.
- Day of Wonder: employees take one regular work day to explore a Trustees property.
- Discounts and access to properties equivalent to a family membership to The Trustees.